Friday, January 6, 2012

Lalo lesson

On Thursday I did only ground work, so Friday with Lalo was the first time I rode her for a few days. Her hindquarters are moving over good but not great. Did a little attempt at direct flexion at the walk. Trot was hard to keep going as usual. Trouble maintaining both the trot and a decent circle. I tried cantering her a couple times but mostly succeeded in tiring myself out and making her buck. I ended with a lot of strong trot and circles that were a bit rounder.

Brian put his saddle on her and made her canter quite nicely, a good 6-8 times around and she looked good. It took a lot of effort and stubborn will to get her started, though. Lalo took a turn and had the same difficulty keeping her going, but made some good progress. He also got her to canter on the right lead which has been the difficult side so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment