Monday, December 26, 2011

Second riding session

The second ride was even better than the first! Maria was with me and I threw her on Panda while I warmed up Star on the ground. I finished with some turn and go as well as a lot of banging on the saddle and stirrup straps. Maria hopped on and it was clear very soon that it was a good match. She was able to work up to sustained trotting on both reins. Maria said that Star thought about bucking once or twice, but I never noticed anything. She was ridden on a very loose rein and they looked great together.

After 25 minutes or so we took the horses outside. Panda was showing a lot of nervousness, but Star took no notice and was dead calm. Maria trotted her around the outdoor arena and one of the open pastures. At a halt Panda was striking out and gave me a medium sized rear of impatience, while Maria looked like she was on an old camp horse. What a great horse!




No comments:

Post a Comment